Monday, February 09, 2009

Helloooooo! (hellooo, helloo)

Hi, out there in blogland! I've been a bit absent, huh?

I haven't been knitting all that much (which is odd.) I have been stitching some (which is a little odd, too.) But mostly, I've been running, watching my niece, and going to bed earlier than I used to.

Speaking of running, I'm going to be running a marathon and raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. The following is my fundraising plea. :)



Dear family and friends,

I have lost my marbles, and I’m going to run 26.2 miles around San Diego to find them! May 31st, 2009 my sister Keri and I, along with other Team in Training members, will be running the Rock n’ Roll Marathon in San Diego, California. This will be my first marathon, a huge undertaking, and I need your support to accomplish my goals.

I’m not going to make you run with me, but you can still help. Team in Training (TNT) supports the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) in finding a cure for blood cancers. I have a goal of raising $4,100 for LLS. I am running in honor of a 10-year-old boy named Michael. He’s battling Hodgkins Lymphoma, and I would love nothing more than for him to have many more years of picking on his younger sister, just as I have with Keri.

My father lost both of his parents to Leukemia. I never met my Grandpa Engle, and I don’t remember my Grandma Engle. She died when I was only 4 months old. Dad ran marathons in his youth; Keri and I want to make him proud and memorialize his parents.

I know times are tough, but families dealing with blood cancers have to be tough. 75% of all funds raised goes directly to research and patient services. Please make checks payable to The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society and e-mail me at bzzlarabzz@gmail.com for information on where to send it, or contribute online at my TNT site http://pages.teamintraining.org/ks/rnr09/lteter by March 1st. I can accept donations later than that date, but the earlier the better so I can better reach my goal! Remember your donation is 100% tax deductible, so please give generously to LLS, so we can all make it to the finish line.

Thank you for your support,


Lara

p.s. Please pass this along to anyone who you know that might want to help find a cure! Thanks, again.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Good luck with training for and running the marathon.

Lara said...

Thanks Kristin. :)