Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year, everyone!

I know I've been a neglectful blogger. I can't promise that it's going to get any better. I just don't have a lot of patience for this dinosaur of a computer, and buying a new computer isn't very high on the list of priorities. I'm thinking about getting one of those tiny laptops, though. Maybe in the next few months.

Meanwhile, enjoy some pictures of the Christmas knitting from this year. We had a merry Christmas. Busy, as always. With a big family, that's what we expect and enjoy.


I made hats for my two nephews and my niece. As you can see the nephews (who are at the running around stage of life) wouldn't sit still for pictures, so my brother (the nephews' dad) modeled the fish hat I made for T1 (who is 3 years old) and the couch modeled the Ganomy Hat I made for T2 (who is 1 1/2.) They also shared the news that they are having a baby girl in May, so there will be a T3! :) Everyone is excited. They just bought a house and are in the process of moving in. Fun!




J was kind enough to model her hat for me. Isn't she compliant? Hee. She's such a good baby. She's even being kind enough to bop around in her bouncy seat while I write this blog post. She spends her weekdays with me, so we get to have lots of fun. She's not mobile yet, being only 2 months old, but she's strong! She's going to be a go-getter. She's already growing so fast.


My oldest daughter, E, turned 14 yesterday. It's impossible! She's a good kid, though. I have hope she will grow up to be a good, strong woman. It's hard to believe she's so close to grown. We're having four of her friends over Saturday evening for pizza, popcorn and movies, so wish me strength! Heh. I said no to the sleepover. I don't know if I'm a strong enough woman for that! lol. I remember my sleepovers at that age with that many girls and it was always a drama-fest. Fewer, no problem, but not that many at once.

Catch you next time! Don't make too many New Year's resolutions, unless they mean you have more joy in your life as a result.

4 comments:

Kristin said...

Those hats are great Lara.

And, your littlest model is just gorgeous.

Jessica Mounts said...

Is that a fish hat I spy? Libby and I love those, but neither of us have made them yet. Adorable!

Anonymous said...

Great hats! I love them!

Susan said...

I am contacting you because you have left a comment on Velda's "The Climb" blog.

*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-*-.-

When the going gets tough, the tough get knitting.

I know you know Velda has had some incredibly bad health news. It's going to be a rough journey for her, and she'll need a lot of support from her friends. Although we want to, we can't be there all the time for her... but I propose we make a token of our love and encouragement that she can keep by her side all the time as a reminder of the friends who stand with her.

A hug blanket, comprised of many squares knit or crocheted by those who care for her, would be just the thing. If you would be interested in contributing a square or two to a blanket for her, please email me as below.

I don't know how many people might be interested, so I can't say for certain what size of block I need. More to follow as I find out the level of interest in this project.

This project is best as a clandestine effort... I'd rather Miss V didn't know about it until we present the completed work to her. I don't have your email address so will post this to an older blog post so she's not likely to see it... you can delete this comment if you wish.

Thank you.


--
Susan
susan.anderson.forster*at*gmail.com
http://www.thefabricofherreality.blogspot.com/