Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Aaaaack!

That's my normal state of being lately. Aaaaaack! I can breathe and relax once we're moved.

Our house is on the market. Keeping it show-worthy with four kids (and two adults, and two cats) living here, not so easy. I'm such a planner (and a bit of a perfectionist sometimes) that this whole up-in-the-air, wait-for-the-house-to-sell thing is not for me. I dream of the day we are moved, with 8,000 boxes sitting around me in my new house, and not caring when they get unpacked, because no one has to see it. LOL. But I will unpack them steadily, because that's the way I am. But it will be on my timeline, not some unknown, arbitrary one determined by house showings and realtors, and school schedules, and when-will-it-sell?

When I get stressed, I knit. Or I crochet. Or I stitch. And I have been squeezing some of that in, after the kids are in bed and I've decided that my daily quota of house self-torture has been fulfilled. I've finished several things, and I could provide in-progress pictures on others. But I haven't been taking pictures. So, here's a picture of my daughter, M, modeling the hat she made on one of her round knitting looms. Yes, she has a spot on her shirt. See what I have to contend with? ROFL.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Very cute hat! And your experience is exactly why we did "interesting" financing and are buying before we sell! Hang in there.

_ said...

Hang in there. Trying to sell a house is never fun but it'll be worth it in the end. Love the hat! That reminds me that I really need to get started knitting on the kids Christmas stockings if I want to have any chance of getting them done by Christmas.

Karen said...

Great Hat! M is adorable!

Having only bought a house, I only know that side of the craziness. Good luck!

Miriam Pauline said...

Cute hat. Cuter daughter! Good luck in the selling and moving house. It is worth it in the end, even if the hassle of the experience can leave a lot to be desired.

Queen Bee said...

My goodness, she's growing up so quickly! Cute hat too :) I share your pain and ours isn't even on the market yet!!

Heather said...

M is getting so big!!!! And it is a great hat :) You are a good knitter!! :)