Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Burnt Popcorn



My daughter just burnt microwave popcorn. Don't you hate that smell? I think that is just the worst smell. (Yes, I know there are much worse things to smell, but it's got to be in my top 5. Blech.)

Burnt popcorn really has nothing to do with today's post. I just smelled it as I opened up this window. Speaking of open windows, we finally have our windows open in the afternoon today. High of 76 is what the weatherman said.

This morning we went out and bought M a new mattress. She has been complaining for a long time that her mattress is uncomfortable and she can't get to sleep. (This girl really knows how to complain, too.) We had tried two of those foam toppers plus a deluxe mattress pad, but nothing helped. The mattress really was worn out. She wasn't just complaining for no reason. So, today we went several different places and had her try some out. At the last place, with the mattress she wanted, we got an "inventory deal." I'm pretty sure that's code for: "They're walking out. Do anything to get them to buy!" They weren't really doing inventory. But we had already shopped around and we know we got a good mattress for a good price. Now M is doing her schoolwork on her bed, she loves it so much. Hee. I hope she's that excited about it at bedtime.

My second training walk/run was this morning. Feeling good! Two out of three brothers, one of their wives, my sister, and my dad have confirmed that they will be running the 10K with me. My dad made an amazing diet and exercise spreadsheet for himself, and he's sharing it with everyone. I have one brother designing t-shirts for us. He's doing several designs for us to choose a favorite for the group. I think this is so cool!

I'm still doing my beloved workout videos on off days, but I think they will will be trending toward more pilates and less long cardio/weights. I'm going to take one day a week completely off.

Now for some knitting. I promise I will get the pictures of the blocked lace shawl off the camera before my next post. For now, you get a hat I knitted for an old friend's baby shower. A is wearing it. Yes, she's 6, but the hat has a lot of stretch. Hopefully, the baby will get a lot of wear out of it. Knitted with small amounts of 6 old colors of cotton-ease. Pattern is "Cotton Stria hat" form Itty Bitty Hats. The mother-to-be was thrilled with it. They passed it around at the shower and everyone was turning it inside out. It's so funny that even non-knitters want to examine how it was put together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can agree with you on the burnt popcorn smell being bad but like you said, there are worse smells out there. LOL! Love the rainbow hat!