Monday, September 18, 2006

Socktoberfest is coming!

I signed up for Socktoberfest! Knitted socks are the greatest! Here's a sample of the latest and greatest around here.



Today, I'm wearing my rpm socks. I knitted them sometime within the last month or two and I love them. They're made of knitpicks Simple Stripes sock yarn. And they match my green sweater I'm wearing today perfectly. It was finally cool enough this morning to wear socks!



I finished these Snicket Socks yesterday. They're for my oldest daughter. She thought they were a little scratchy, so she swished them in some conditioner last night. Then she was disgusted by the odor of wet sheep. I assured her that the smell would go away when they dried. She hopes they still smell like her mango conditioner when they dry. She wanted to wear them today, but they're still not dry. :p Tomorrow, I guess!

Already on the needles are some regular stockinette socks made with more simple stripes, for my second daughter. And I have Arrr-gyles ready to go for my husband. I'm sure I'll have to make some socks for the other two kids, too. The youngest daughter has requested some rpm socks, just like mine. I think I have enough yarn leftover to make some for her teeny feet. And I bet when my son sees the arrgyles, he'll want some, too. :p

My jumpstart on Socktoberfest is going well so far! And if we're moving in October, socks are good to do a few rows in between other things. ;)

7 comments:

J. Denae said...

I would take you up on your offer to help me organize for the move, but if you saw what a total slob I am you wouldn't want to be my friend anymore!! Hope to see you on Wednesday!

Karen said...

See.. more socks! I want to make socks... I love nice warm socks. I must learn socks.

Margaret said...

Those are so great. I love the first ones.

. said...

Oh gosh those are SOOOOOO cute!!!!! Do you make any in purple? Size 10? Let me know if you're up to knitting some/selling some :)

Anonymous said...

Your socks are very cool, Lara. I especially like your first pair. I might just have to try my hand at making a pair. The pattern looks like something I might actually be able to follow. ;)

Heather said...

Woweee! Those are coool! They look slippery... and me wearing my "I do all my own stunts shirt" means I will fall if I wear them ;)

Anonymous said...

Wonderful socks! I need to learn how to knit them, any beginning info you can point me towards? Can't wait to see your next pair(s).