Monday, March 26, 2007

French doors are beautiful, but evil.

We took out the old sliding patio door yesterday and started to install some lovely french doors. They look great., but they are evil! My hands are all cut up, and the doors are still not in right. The hubby has a good friend who is a carpenter and bricklayer who is coming over this evening to help make it right. We know that the opening is not level and square, so compensating to make the door function right is much trickier than the instructions would have you believe.

I was going to start laying laminate floors today, but I was going to start in this room, where the doors are not yet done. So, I think I will start tomorrow.

In the meantime, here are a couple of finished knits. A would not let me take a proper picture of her standing in her Merry Maiden Dress from the latest Interweave Knits. But she wears it all the time. I have to pry it away to wash it when it gets too dirty.


It's knitted of Bernat Cottontots and some fuzzy Yarn Bee yarn from Hobby Lobby.

This photo cracks me up. I snapped a picture on the fly of M wearing her Very Berry T from the March MagKnits. But, she saw me. Hubby, on the other hand, did not. There's something very "superstar and her security team" about it to me.


Her shirt was a quick knit. Good thing, too, because the child has no patience. It's knitted of Plymouth Sundae Swirl yarn. So soft! She wore it almost every day during spring break, but she was very good about following directions and giving it to me to wash rather than throwing it in the hamper. It had a couple nice soaks in the sink.

We had a very overcast and stormy spring break. But, I had plenty of indoor activities planned and we had fun. They're back at school today, but they get out early three days this week for conferences. One day during spring break, after a stormy day, we were blessed with a gorgeous sunset. A truly purple sky. These pictures aren't the clearest, but they captured the color pretty well. I've never seen anything like it. It was truly spectacular.





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My goodness!!! You are the most prolific knitter I've ever known! Words fail me ;) Well you know what I mean!

And wow on the sky :)

Velda said...

oh my!~ zoe would love a dress like that! She's precious :) I want to live in your town under that sky, I've never seen that colouring before WOW

Anonymous said...

WOW! That sky is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Look at the color of that sunset! Very pretty. I love the dress and shirt you knitted and only wish I had a girl to wear them! Good luck with those darn French Doors. I'm sure they're nice looking!

Anonymous said...

What a BEAUTIFUL sky! Just breathtaking!

And how do you knit so fast???

Sara Laughs said...

What an amazing sky! The top you made is gorgeous and I love the "Superstar" comment.

Don't you love it when you make something for your kids and they like it so much you can hardly pry it away to clean it?

I remember Steve and my dad trying to hang a door for my mother. It took a couple of days and a lot of trips to the store to get it right. Must be a door thing. I hope it's just what you need to get the house sold.