Monday, March 19, 2007

Hats for Kim


I have a pal on a mommy board. This board has been together since we were pregnant with our babies due October 1999. Yes, our babies are nearly 7 1/2 now! Well, this one pal has been battling breast cancer for over a year now. She is brave and strong and amazing.

She recently started another treatment for her cancer which could be causing her hair to fall out again. So, I decided she needed a couple new hats in some springy colors. The one on the right is a basic hat pattern, knit with a very soft fuzzy Yarn Bee yarn. The one on the left is shedir, from Knitty, knit with Lion Brand microspun.

Here's a picture of the top of shedir. It makes a pattern like a quaker star. So pretty!


And a fuzzy picture of the cables.



I hope you can get some use out of them, Kim! I knitted lots of good thoughts and positive vibes into them for you.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Very pretty. And I firmly believe that the thoughts and prayers knitted/stitched into our work really help.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, I'm sure Kim will love them!

Anonymous said...

Those are great Lara!

The Cluck Wagon said...

They are very pretty! Kim will look great in them.

Gwen said...

The hats are lovely. I especially like the star pattern.

Queen Bee said...

Wonderful, Lara! I know Kim loves them and appreciates the prayers too :)