Sunday, August 19, 2007

Bee Stripe Socks

Knit with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock in the Bee Stripe colorway. Picot edge, 64 stitches, short-row heel, wedge toe. I am reminded that I don't really like the way short -row heels feels on my foot. Too shallow. But I didn't like the look of a flap heel with the bee stripe yarn. (Yes, one of these socks had part of another heel knitted before I changed to the short-row.)

I really like them! Some people thought they might be Wichita State University socks. Since that's where I earned my college degree, I suppose that would work, too.

2 comments:

Velda said...

ooohhh those are BEE-utiful!!!!!!! I love them .....did I mention I learned how to knit over the weekend thanks to a friend of mine? And I fondled socks and sock yarn at the yarn store..I thought of you lol

Knit and Fit said...

Very nice. You are a fast knitter.