Thursday, August 02, 2007

Mystery Stole, part 3


I joined the Mystery Stole 3 KAL the week before it closed to new members. I thought I must be insane at the time, because I knew I wouldn't have time to knit it, especially since I was already a few parts behind. But, then all my moving plans fell through and my brain thought, "A little mystery lace would be a nice distraction about now." Luckily, when I packed up everything I owned (including all but a weeks' worth of clothes) my laceweight yarn was still accessible, in the top of a basket which is too large to further pack into a box. So I pulled out some black Elann Peruvian Baby Lace Merino, bought some silver lined clear glass beads at Hobby Lobby, and off I went!

Here it is thorough part three. Like my quick and dirty blocking job? I pinned it to the blanket on my bed with size 1 DPNs. Hee. I was trying to measure about how long it is so I can decide whether to lengthen the next part. It's currently 1/3 of the finished length, as written. Part five and the theme are to be revealed tomorrow. I'm only one part behind. Not bad for just starting a little less than two weeks ago. I'm finding that the "deadline" of a new part coming out is spurring me on to knit this faster than I typically do with lace. I won't have part four done in time, but I will be close.

(Like my bee tape measure? It's made by Lantern moon. I have wanted one for a long time, but when I was ordering some yarn and the cost of the tape measure would put me over the free shipping amount . . . Well, how could I resist? It would have been wasteful to pay for shipping when I could just buy a tape measure instead, right?)

2 comments:

Velda said...

Lara that is stunning! now stop posting pretty things or I'm going to have to take up a new hobby!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's gorgeous and even in my favorite color!! Can't wait to watch this one as it progresses.